Loaded potato skins with ham, spring onion and cheddar
Slimming world potato skins - syn free!
These loaded potato skins are surprisingly low fat and extremely tasty. A good starter if you've got guests, or as a snack for a movie night. NOM!
They use 1 x healthy extra for 4 pieces.
2 medium sized white potatoes, I used maris piper.
3 x laughing cow extra light triangles
20g reduced fat cheddar, to top
1 spring onion, diced completely including the green
2 slices ham, diced (you can use cooked bacon, if you prefer)
Salt and pepper (if you wish)
1. Preheat your oven to 200. While it's heating up, cook up your jacket potatoes in the microwave until they are soft and squidgy. If you don't have a microwave, then oven is also fine.
2. When the potatoes are done, carefully slice each potato in half lengthways and scoop out the centre of the potato. Put this 'spare' potato into a mixing bowl.
3. Take your mixing bowl of potato and add the laughing cow triangles, spring onion and ham. and mix well. Add salt and pepper too, if you wish (I think it's lovely with black pepper!)
4. Stuff the mixing bowl mixture back into each potato skin and top with a small sprinkle of reduced fat mature cheddar (you can use a different cheese if you wish, parmesan is nice but remember to check the syns!)
5. Oven bake on a baking tray for about 10 minutes and finish under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes to get them cheesy and golden brown.
Enjoy and please do let me know either on the comments below or via Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes if you try this recipe.