Simple slimming world chips
I really love slimming world chips (in fact, I'm going to celebrate this post finally going live by making some today for lunch!) They're syn free and a ton better for you that the oil-loaded deep fried ones as they're done in the oven. I've spent several years deciding the best way to do them, so here goes.
Syn free, serves enough for 2 hungry people. You will need a non stick baking tray to make this recipe but failing that, a non stick dish will work ok.
2 large potatoes, or 3-4 smaller ones. I often use maris piper or standard white potatoes, but the red rooster ones work well too.
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
2. Spray your baking tray with lots of frylight.
3. Slice your potatoes into chip-like style. I usually leave the skin on, but you can peel them first if you wish. Chunky is best, I usually aim for about an inch wide and half an inch thick, maybe 3-4 inches long. Really it doesn't matter too much so long as they are all a similar size.
4. Pop them on the baking tray (do not par boil!) and spray again with frylight. I recommend laying out each chip on its side and making sure each one has a bit of space.
5. 20 mins in the oven before turning them, individually, and respraying with frylight. Then another 20 minutes.
6. Take out when they're bronzed!
Let me know if you try them using my technique by mentioning www.rosieandtherecipes.com or tagging me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes.