Low fat fish goujons
Breaded cod in a lovely crispy goujon breadcrumb - all syn free on slimming world!
I often make variations of this with chicken or other types of fish and I’ve just tried it with cod. It was super delicious. I served them with slimming world chips, baked beans and peas too. Remember to also squeeze in some bulky veg too like broccoli or a side salad if you’re following slimming world. Here is how you make them:
Makes enough for 2, syn free but it uses half a healthy extra b choice for the breadcrumbs per person. Without this it’s 3 syns per portion. You will need a blender to do the breadcrumbs.
2 pieces standard white fish from the fishmonger or supermarket, I used cod. Try to select big meaty pieces as you will be slicing them later.
2 pieces brown bread ideally stale is best
1 tbsp dried parsley
Half tsp black pepper
Quarter tsp sea salt
1 egg , beaten
1. Preheat your oven to 200 (for fan assisted, otherwise adjust as appropriate). Spray a baking tray with frylight.
2. Slice your fish into finger sized pieces. I got four pieces out of each cod fillet as a guide.
3. Blitz your bread, parsley, salt and pepper into rough breadcrumbs and pop onto a plate.
4. Put your beaten egg into a wide bowl.
5. Dip each piece of fish into the egg then breadcrumbs and onto the baking tray. Cook immediately for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy and please do link back to my site if you use my recipe and like it! Alternatively you can tag me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes.