Low fat, quick and easy Carbonara
Yesterday I came home from climbing starving and without a whole lot of options in the cupboard besides some dry pasta, some veggies, bacon and some cream cheese. This reality could spell out only one thing: Carbonara. This is a favourite of mine anyway and the slimming world version of it is very good. Here’s how. The below makes enough for 1 person only so do double it up if you need enough for 2.
Syns: none if using your hea, otherwise 6 syns.
75-100g dried pasta, I used spaghetti
2 bacon rasher medallions
1 quarter of an onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped finely
1 spring onion, sliced finely mainly using the green end rather than the white!
A large handful of fresh spinach
5 triangles laughing cow light or similar
1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
1. Put your pasta onto boil as instructed on the packet.
2. Meanwhile, take a frying pan and spray with frylight on a medium heat before adding garlic, onion and spring onion.
3. Cook gently for a few minutes before adding the bacon and set to one side once adequately cooked.
4. When the pasta is done drain most of the water from the pan, being careful to leave 1-2 tbsp worth of ‘pasta water’ in with the pasta. Return to the stove and add to the pasta and remaining water the contents of your frying pan.
5. Add spinach, black pepper to taste and your cream cheese. Turn your heat back on and stir well for a minute or two.
6. Serve immediately and top with parmesan.