GG Crispbread healthy Pancakes
These little gems are a game changer in the world of ‘syn free pancakes’ in my personal opinion, and they are SO easy to make. You can buy GG crispbread on Amazon or in store at Holland and Barrett. I also used my favourite sweetener, Sukrin Gold (its brilliant, none of that nasty aspartame after taste in baking!) but in the absence of that, any sweetener will do.
syn free (without the cream)! Serves 1 x greedy person or 2 with plenty of fruit.
4 egg whites (separated from yolk)
2 GG Crispbreads (less than half your healthy extra b choice!)
1 tbsp cinnamon (or nutmeg, as you prefer)
Half tbsp Sukrin Gold (or alternative sweetener)
Additional sweetener (optional)
Cream or yoghurt (optional, check the syns!)
1. Blitz the crispbreads in a blender until like fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the cinnamon, sweetener and egg and blend again very well.
3. Take a non stick frying pan into a medium heat and spray with frylight
4. Use a tablespoon or ladle to add a small amount to the pan at a time, as you would do for normal American pancakes. The rounds should be about 4 x 4 inches.
5. When looking stable enough, flip! Cool for about 1 - 1.5 mins on each side.
6. Serve immediately with plenty of berries, yoghurt or squirty cream! You may also want a bit of extra sweetener crumbled on top.