Zoodles with spicy tomato, spinach and bacon sauce
Takes about 15 mins to make in total!
2 large courgettes, spiralised (or buy a packet from the supermarket ready noodled)
1 tin chopped tomatoes
3 rashers of bacon, fat removed and diced into very small pieces
A handful of baby tomatoes (I used half yellow and half red), halved
Half a red onion, diced finely
A whole red chilli, diced finely
One cloves of garlic, diced finely
2 large handfuls of spinach
Dried red chilli flakes
Smoked paprika powder
1. Spiralise your courgettes if they aren’t prepared already and set to one side.
2. Take your chopped onion, garlic and chilli and fry with frylight or similar in a non stick saucepan on a low heat until soft.
3. Add your bacon and continue to fry gently, adding extra frylight if you require it.
4. When the bacon is cooked through, add your fresh tomatoes and tinned tomatoes. Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
5. Add your chilli flakes, paprika and spinach to the pan and mix well, allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6. In a separate wok (choose the largest you have), spray with frylight and get the pan hot to a medium hob heat. Add your courgetti and keep it moving around the pan until it is hot throughout but still crunchy - tip - don’t let it cook for more than 2-3 minutes else it turns into a soggy mess. Your sauce will heat it up so don’t worry about it going cold.
7. Portion out your courgetti into two bowls avoiding any water at the bottom of the wok, add your sauce and top with Parmesan and basil. Serve and enjoy!
If you try making the recipe and take a snap please tag me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes. Thank you!