Roast Butternut squash and chilli soup
This soup is - #synfree, low-fat and veggie too!
Makes enough for about 6 portions
1 whole butternut squash
1 red chilli
Pepper, to garnish
1.Preheat your oven at 180 for fan assisted or check online for the comparable temperature if your oven is without a fan.
2. Peel and dice your butternut squash into cubes about 1 inch square and add to an ovenproof dish. Spray liberally with frylight and cook for about 40 minutes, turning them and spraying again half way through. Depending on the size of your squash and also your oven you might need slightly longer or slightly less time. Remove when it looks roasted but ideally not burnt!
3. When the squash is about 10 mins away from being done, chop your onions, fresh chilli and carrot finely and fry in a large non stick pan until soft.
4. Add the butternut squash from the oven and about a litre of vegetable stock so all of your veg is covered.
5. Stir well and bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for about 15 minutes or until all the veg looks soft enough to blend.
6. Step 6, yep, you guessed it! Blend until smooth and add chilli flakes after that.
7. Serve immediately or leave for later, or indeed let it cool for freezing if you’d rather.
Enjoy and please do tag me on insta @slimmingworldrecipes if you try it out.