Potato rostis - made with GG Crispbread
Makes 4 rostis, all syn free. I think 2 per person is about right in terms of serving size.
3 small to medium Desiree potatoes (I actually used Maris piper which worked fine but usually Desiree are better for rostis)
2 pieces of scan bran (less than half of your HEB)
Salt and pepper
1. Pre heat your oven to 180.
2. Peel and then grate your potatoes.
3. Take your grated potatoes a handful at a time and squeeze out as much liquid as you possibly can into the sink.
4. Repeat step 3 again one more time to make sure the grated potato is as dry as possible.
5. Return your potatoes into a large bowl.
5. Pop your two pieces of scan bran in a bowl and pour over boiling water until soft.
6. Add some cold Water to the scan bran so it’s not too hot to handle and then repeat what you did with the potato - take the mushy scan bran and squeeze the water out as best you can before adding it to the grated potato.
7. Add the egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
8. Fire up a non stick frying pan on a low to medium heat and spray with frylight.
9. Take a handful of the mixture at a time and create a ‘patty’ - place gently in the pan and turn every 1.5 minutes for 6 minutes. Repeat with the other patties. You should have enough for at least 4 patties.
10. Remove patties from the pan and pop on a non stick baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes before turning and baking for another 5-10 depending on how well done they look.
11. Remove and serve with topping of your choice - I did spinach, bacon and egg.
Enjoy! Please tag me in your posts if you try it @slimmingworldrecipes on Instagram.