Nearly syn free onion bhajis
Onion bhajis - 1 syn for 6 (just cause of the sweetener) and absolute takeaway heaven 😻
Onion bhajis - syn free or 1 syn for 6 if you count sweetener as syns. Makes six bhajis as a side dish (serves 2-3 depending on your greed)
5 scan bran (mashed) (counts as one HEB choice)
1 large onion (finely sliced) (I used red but white is probably softer and more authentic)
1 large potato (grated)
1 medium or large beaten egg (if your potato and onion are very large use a large egg and vice verse)
3 heaped teaspoons mild curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons granulated sweetener (1 syn)
1. Put the scan bran in boiling water, when soft, drain the excess water and mash the scan bran so it resembles mushy weetabix
2. Add in the beaten egg
3. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. form the mix into bhajis
5. place bhajis on greaseproof paper on a baking tray sprayed with fry light.
6. Bake in the over for about 30 minutes on gas mark 5/190 or until brown and crispy.
7. Serve and eat immediately - maybe with a synfree raita or mango chutney as syns is my fave!