Carrot cake muffins - 1 syn each
On slimming world you can have your cake and eat it! Because you CAN! I’m not the world’s best baker but I’m giving it a good go with this #ggcrispbread #scanbranchallenge! These are carrot cake muffins, about 1 syn per muffin if you make 7 as I did and if you use your healthy extra, otherwise it’s 13.5 syns for the lot. Thank you to @fopperholic for the inspiration, I tweaked your recipe slightly due to the ingredients I had in my cupboard but it worked wonderfully.
Made 7 for me.
Contains 1.5 x HEB and each muffin is 1 syn if you are using HEB, if you aren’t, it’s closer to 2.
4 Scan Bran, roughly blitzed in the blender
1 Weetabix, also roughly blitzed in the blender
150g grated carrot, use the skinny setting ie finely grated (remove outer peel first with a peeler)
Half tsp cinnamon (if you don’t like cinnamon replace with half tsp vanilla essence)
1 level tbsp runny honey
2 level tbsp mincemeat
3 eggs, beaten roughly with a fork
For the topping:
4 tbsp quark
Orange essence half tsp
Sweetener to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C with Fan.
2. Mix all the ingredients (besides the topping) together in a big bowl and stir well
3. Transfer the mix into a muffin tin lined with muffin cases (spray the cases with frylight for optimum removal!) You should fill the cases up quite high as they won’t really rise.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes - until springy to the touch.
5. Leave to cool on a cake rack.
6. When cool, prepare the quark topping mix by mixing 4 tbsp quark with your essence and sweetener to taste. I topped with a bit of orange rind to make them look nice, but up to you!
7. Refrigerate if you’re not eating them immediately, or just keep the pot of topping in the fridge and then top each muffin with the topping as you want one.