Broccoli and stilton soup
Slimming world Broccoli and Stilton soup - syn free and easy peasy to make too. Enjoy and please do tag me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes if you try it!
0 syns per portion if using healthy extra a choice, otherwise 6 syns per portion.
2 medium sized potatoes, I used Maris piper
2-3 whole broccolis (again, dependent on size mine were quite small)
Half an onion, I used red but either will be fine
1 veggie stock cube
Salt and pepper to season
140g blue cheese (4 x 35g hea choice if you have it over 4 days or share with the family!)
1. Spray a pan with frylight and set to a gentle heat on the hob.
2. Add the onion (diced) potatoes (diced into 1 inch cubes) and the stalks of your broccolis (not the florets they are added later!) and fry gently. If the food is sticking add a dash of boiling water.
3. When the veg is going slightly soft, pout 1 pint of hot veggie stock over it and bring to the boil, simmering very gently afterwards until it’s all mushy and the veggies are crumbly. The veg must all be covered by stock at all times, if it is not, add more water. This stage usually takes about 40 minutes on a very low heat.
4. At this stage, add your broccoli florets and cook for around 20 more minutes until they too are soft.
5. Remove from the heat and blend with a hand blender or worktop blender if you prefer. If the mixture seems a bit watery, pour out a bit of water before blending.
6. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before adding the cheese, crumbled and then blitz again briefly with the blender.
7. Season heavily with pepper (and a little salt if you wish) and serve immediately with a roll and some ham.