Almost syn free, lower fat lasagne
This recipe kicks ass compared to the other lasagne recipes I've tried on slimming world. No one wants an eggy mess on top of a sloppy bolognese, and that's what I'd made before until I played around with this and now I reckon it’s pretty delish. Give this a whirl and please tag me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes or comment below if you try it/have questions!
Makes enough for 6 portions and it freezes well after cooking. I usually portion it up and plastic bag each piece. If reheating from frozen, I recommend defrosting fully and then microwaving on full power for 3 minutes or so, or until cooked through fully.
It's very nearly syn free (you might need to count about a quarter syn per portion for the gravy granules in the bolognese, if you include them) but otherwise it's just half a healthy extra A choice for the cheese on slimming world.
Make up my bolognese recipe as standard, find my recipe here.
1 pack of Lasagne Verde sheets (or standard if you wish)
To make the white sauce you will need:
500g fat free natural yoghurt (do not buy greek yoghurt for this, it curdles too easily)
Half tsp mustard powder
150g low-fat cheddar (3 x HEA choice, so 1/2 HEA per portion).
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (for fan assisted, adjust accordingly if not fan assisted).
- Make up your bolognese to the recipe linked above, if you haven't already.
- Prepare your ‘white sauce’ in a separate bowl by mixing very well the yoghurt, mustard powder, plenty of black pepper and 2 eggs until smooth. Set to one side.
- Spray the bottom of a large ceramic or pyrex dish with frylight and then cover the base with lasagne sheets. Do not overlap them where possible, but crack the sheets to fit the bottom so it’s all covered.
- Layer in bolognese and then another round of lasagne sheets, continue this until you have either used all of your bolognese or until you have about 1.5 inches left at the top of the ceramic dish, whichever comes first.
- Add one last layer of lasagne sheets, before covering in the white sauce you made earlier, and top evenly with your cheese.
- Bake for around 40 minutes and then grill for 3-4 minutes at the end if you want to crisp up the top slightly.