French toast a la slimming world
I don't often make French toast (eggy bread to us Brits) but when I do, I always enjoy it. It's a good weekend brunch for those who follow a low fat diet as you can pile it high with fruit and yoghurt.
It's easy to make and only uses your healthy extra b choice, otherwise it's syn free. This recipe serves 2.
4 slices wholemeal bread (2 x HEB choice)
Half a tbsp cinnamon
A tbsp Sukrin Gold, or alternative sweetener
3 eggs, mixed well
1. Lightly toast your bread in the toaster, for about half the usual time (guide: a minute or two) until it starts to crisp but doesn't start to go golden. Remove from the toaster and set to one side.
2. Mix your eggs well in a bowl, and add your cinnamon and sukrin gold. Mix well again. Soak your slightly toasted bread in the mix very well, turning lots of times so it's really well covered and eggy!
3. Prepare your frying pan on a medium heat and spray with fry light.
4. Gently transfer your eggy bread into the pan and fry gently, turning at least once, for about a minute on each side.
5. Sprinkle with sweetener and top with fruit and yoghurt. I also added a bit of choc shot to mine (0.5 syns per teaspoon).
Enjoy and please do tag me on Instagram @slimmingworldrecipes if you make it, or comment below.