Low fat, slimming world friendly scotch eggs
Ok, stop everything you are doing and all the other pages you are looking at. SCOTCH EGGS, people! Better still, ones that are low fat, almost even healthy for you. Each one of these dreamy delights is just 1.5 syns and half of your healthy extra b choice, if you follow slimming world.
This recipe makes 2 scotch eggs, each whole scotch egg is 1.5 syns. Please note: you will require a magimix or proper blender in order to make this recipe.
6 skinny or low fat sausages (syns vary, mine were 0.5 per sausage)
2 eggs, soft boiled (6 minutes)
4 GG crispbreads, blitzed into breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp Onion granules
1 pinch garlic salt
1 pinch ground coriander
1 pinch mustard powder
1 pinch smoked paprika
2 tsp parsley dried
1. Turn your oven onto 180 and allow it to pre-heat.
2. Take your six sausages and skin them, ie taking off their little plastic-looking shell. I did this by slicing top to bottom gently with a sharf knife and then peeling them back. Put the sausagemeat from inside straight into your blender.
3. Add to the magimix or blender all the herbs listed above and blend well. Pop the mix into the fridge until you need it later.
4. Boil your eggs by adding boiling water from the kettle into a saucepan and carefully lowering the eggs in. If you want them slightly soft boiled like mine are above, boil for 7 minutes. For hard boiled, aim for 10-12 minutes.
5. When they're done, take them out and run under a cold tap for 2-3 minutes or until cook to the touch. Peel the eggs and set to one side.
6. Prepare your crust by taking your GG crispbreads (and a grind of salt and pepper if you wish) and blitzing in your blender very well until it resembles rough breadcrumbs.
7. Put the breadcrumbs you've made into a bowl, and in a separate bowl beat an egg.
8. It's now time to put everything together! Take your sausagemeat mixture from the fridge and pat it around your two eggs so it forms a ball around it, being careful to ensure no white bits of egg are on show from the outside. The whole thing should be covered in sausage meat. Dip the sausagemeat covered egg in the bowl of beaten egg thoroughly, then do the same in the breadcrumb bowl. Repeat for the other egg.
9. Spray a non stick baking tray with frylight and place your scotch eggs in the middle of the oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before eating.
Enjoy and please remember to comment below or tag me on instagram @slimmingworldrecipes if you try it!